Many homeowners face the dilemma of what projects to start and which ones will increase the value of their home. Here is a list of 5 upgrades that will help the value of your home and you will also enjoy.
1. Curb Appeal and Landscaping – You only get one chance for a first impression! So have your front yard landscaping well maintained with healthy plants and regularly cut shrubs/grass. The secret is the black mulch! This makes the yard look tidy and eye-catching.
2. Bathrooms – You will enjoy a bathroom that is updated with new counters, fixtures and flooring. Don’t forget to add a skylight to brighten up this room, it can make all the difference.
3. Kitchen – Most families spend a lot of time in this room and you don’t want to wait to remodel it when you sell your house. Make the upgrades now so you can enjoy entertaining your friends. A tip is to use materials that are mostly neutral. To add a pop of color, choose a paint color or furniture that is easily changed.
4. Windows – Window upgrades change the entire feel and look of the house. It won’t be noticed if you have them but it will be noticed if you don’t. Use double paned windows to decrease any outside noise and folding glass doors to create fantastic indoor/outdoor living.
5. Entry Door Replacement – Believe it or not you get a 96% return on your investment with this upgrade. It can modernize a home and don’t forget to add nice hardware including a matching doorbell. Have fun with the color and choose something bold. I recently painted my house dark gray and my front door is chartreuse!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about buying or selling a home.
415-730-6168 cell or Holly@HollyinMarin.com
Thank you for liking my Facebook Page